Wednesday, September 17, 2008

You're Gonna Miss This....

I was driving the other day and heard this song on the radio...the message of it hit me so hard. That song was totally for me!!! I am a stresser/planner NOT a take it a day at a time and smell the roses kind of girl. I listened to the words and thought of high school-good times! I cried at graduation...just wasn't ready to move on-too much fun. Then college-FUN! I know it was crazy with room mates but the memories are fun(Christie...hot dog fried rice!? Gag!!!) Then being a nanny-dating-total confusion-then I married Casey. Our first apartment was so tiny-I loved it and loved being with him but we wanted more-a house, kids, etc. Looking back that little apartment was awesome and we really were happy. Now I am surrounded by 4 kids plus lots of other kids always :) and it feels so hectic BUT they are growing so fast. As much as I miss those other times in my life I am for sure gonna miss this-my kids being little and wanting my help and love and attention. I already miss them being babies-who doesn't love a newborn??? But time is flying. I guess the thing I realized is how much we sometimes want to fast forward life because it's stressful or whatever BUT it will always be stressful and life is good today. I am so grateful for my hubby and kids and the life we are living and I know I am gonna miss this!!!! SO I am trying to slow down and focus on us-not put my kids on the back burner for everyone else. I know it's silly but my goal for November and December is to focus 100% on being a mom and on MY family-I am sure I will take a meal or babysit for someone during that time but only after I've taken care of us. So weird that has to be a goal...I am a nerd! Like Trace says in the song...THESE ARE SOME GOOD TIMES!!!!

3 comments:

Christie said...

Yeah, I'm pretty sure I will never miss hot dog fried rice. The other stuff? It's good to miss that.

stacey said...

I know we have talked about this, but don't forget I will be "Monica" for you if you need. You are a GREAT mom, and a good friend/neighbor. A little R&R is good for everyone :)

Kristy said...

You are doing good enjoying the now. You have to because it won't slow down and no you are not spying on me. It is fun catching up on so many lost years.