

So today I decided to bake cookies for my kids-dessert and treats are ALWAYS higher priority for me than dinner. Right ShaLae??? haha I ordered dessert the other night at dinner and shared Casey's dinner! MY apple crisp was better than his fettucine! :) Since I had already made cookies, as it got close to time for dinner today I just didn't really know what to make. Thank heavens we had some teriyaki chicken in the freezer from Costco, some fresh corn on the cob AND some tater tots I grabbed when I was at Walmart lastnight. I giggled because this is a little bit of a battle in our marriage so I never cook them. Casey thinks they have to be deep fried-he makes THE BEST french fries ever and I love those but I think tater tots really just need to be baked. They are too greasy if you fry them. I laughed as I dished his tater tots onto his plate and he sorta freaked. Not meanly-he's really funny. SO he mooshed them and squirted ketchup all over them. Ahhh!!! I thought they were yummy and we had a good laugh. How do you cook your tater tots?
8 comments:
I vote BAKED!!! That is the best!!! LOVE Tater-tots!!!
That is too funny....you know what else is?...... Todd does the same thing! (must be a OLSON thing... I'm sure somewhere down the line they must be related...:O) )
I made shepherds pie the other night - and he completely grossed the kids out...the infamous "KETCHUP" was squirted all over his "pie" - his reply...."you always put ketchup on potatoes!".... YUCK!!!! It's a OLSON thing - grandpa is the same way - I'll never forget the first Sunday dinner I ate over there when we were dating - instead of "gravy" on the mashed potatoes...it was "KETCHUP"..... I should have learned something then huh? OH WELL!!! (good thing the good old RED stuff is on case lot right now!!! Better stock up!)
BAKED for sure!! Bryce thinks they have to be fried too! We should ask LeAna how she cooks them... :)
I like my tater tots left in the bag, as god intended. Those things are SICK! I think I liked them when I was young, but can't stand them now. Blech.
Ben has a thing with ketchup - he will put them on any potatoe YUCK, oh well whatever makes them happy right. Cute dishes by the way I have the same ones :)
I agree, that dessert was so much better than dinner, I want to go back just for that!!
I vote baked! Tater-Tots need to be baked crispy with salt and ketchup. maybe a little cheese too
Baked --hello, not a question. They've already been pre-fried for your enjoyment to bake them and keep them crisp
I have to say, I've been married 11 years and I have not once made a TOT, I have never even thought to make a TOT! I like them from Taco Time, but I think that is the only way I have had them since I was about 8... I do know the reason the Olson boys fry them, it's because Bruce does!
Angie,
I LOVE commenting on my own blog! :) You really need to expand your horizons if you haven't made tots! haha Try a little experiment-buy some and bake them and see what happens at your house! I wonder if Corey is as opinionated about this as Casey. Cracks me up. I made them to be funny-it gave us a good laugh. Probably won't make them again...the kids didn't even eat them.
Post a Comment