Thursday, October 2, 2008

Casey's home!


So Casey went hunting for the weekend-he actually got home Tuesday but I have to say it is so nice to have him back! He LIVES for hunting-I am glad he loves it-but it's always nice to have him back! We all really missed him. He didn't get a deer-bummer! I mean that seriously and sarcastically!!!! Bummer for him, a tiny bit of a relief for me (although I know it would make him so happy so it would have been fun for me in that way.)
Sawyer has such a huge tendency for croup and Casey handles it, he remembers having it as a kid so he is so awesome at helping Sawyer thru it. Sawyer woke up Saturday with a croupy cough but no croup-he played his soccer game and did fine. Not 100% but he played. Sunday he woke up with croup at 7 am-I gave him a steroid I had on hand from his pediatrician and had him miss the Primary Program (the girls did great! It was THE BEST primary program ever-so spiritual and sweet!) and took him to my mom's. Monday morning-same story-croup at 7 am...missed preschool. Tuesday morning at 1:15 I woke up to hearing him and knew he was in trouble-he could not breathe! So scary. I started the steamy shower, tried to get him to relax and prayed so hard...so weird to have Casey gone and not have the Priesthood in our home during a moment like this! I knew in my heart I couldn't get things under control so I called my sis-in-law Melinda to come sit with the girls and a neighbor to come until she got here and booked it to the ER. They were great-the breathing treatment they gave him had him breathing and asleep within a minute. This has only happened to this extent one other time-it was when Casey was home alone with the kids and I was at St. Mark's Hospital after having Jaycee so he has had to do this alone too. What an experience! This picture is of him in the ER...they put the thing to check his oxygen on his birdie finger...funny...I told him he looked like ET! Such a cute kid and we are glad he is ok and our daddy is home! :)
WAY different note-I hope everyone got to go to Women's Conference! My friend Erin had an extra ticket so I got to go to the Conference Center with her-amazing talks. I LOVED President Uchtdorf's talk...we are so blessed to have inspired leaders to help us prioritize our lives and lead us during such crazy times. I am excited for General Conference this weekend!

3 comments:

stacey said...

I am glad Sawyer is doing better!!! Croup scares me to death, Quinn always gets it! I don't think I ever sleep when he has it I am always listening to him breath. I love rainy confrence weekends because you really can't do anything else, but listen - it will be a good weekend :)

Alicia said...

Syd. used to get croup ALL of the time when she was younger, and it was the scariest thing ever. I remember quite a few e.r. visits in the middle of the night just trying to get her to breathe normally. So scary!! I'm glad he's better, and doing well!! By the way, didn't you LOVE Pres. Monson's talk today about "Finding Joy in the Journey." I thought about you the whole time. Have a great day.

Shaun and Tonya said...

I loved his talk as well --In fact, I used it for my VT message the next day (my ladies were unable to go) I'm glad Sawyer is doing better, poor thing adn poor mom.