Thursday, October 9, 2008
Prayer
I know there is power in prayer. I know that Heavenly Father loves us-that He is aware of us during our life here on earth. That the things that matter to us really do matter to Him. I also know that we are here to grow and to learn and to become what He wants us to become. I don't really believe in coincidences...I really think that everything happens for a reason. I have always wondered why we have relationships-deep ones like marriage and family and good friends...more distant ones like great neighbors and people we see in passing. I know we have an impact on eachothers lives, that we can grow thru eachothers trials and become something better than we ever imagined during our journeys. Heavenly Father is always there to guide us. We know a family from our old ward who have a son who has fought a very long battle with cancer. He is darling...he is Shay's age. They found out yesterday that his leukemia is back and they are bringing him home to spend some time with him during his last little while on earth. I can't imagine what they are feeling-my heart breaks for his mom because I am a mother and because I think the world of her. Please keep the DuVal family in your prayers...I know they need all of the strength and faith that they can get. If you want to feel totally inspired check out cute Trent's blog-there is a link on mine. Amazing boy-we all have so much we can learn from him.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




3 comments:
I just had to say thank you Joy! Thanks for sharing Trent's story with me. I read every single word on that blog last night and am still crying about it. What an amazing spirit that little man has. Whew...what a crazy ride for them, but I am glad that he is home and doing the things that he enjoys for now!
Oh and HI bye the way!
Lindsay (Heath's friend)
I'm in tears --I loved all that you said. I too do not believe in coinincidents --thanks for all your words --And I will add the DuValls into my prayers --I also believe in MIRACLES God has no end to his power
Beautiful, wise words, my friend. Thanks.
Post a Comment