Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Crazy Cashier Guy

Today when my kids got home from school I had to run to Harmons super fast.   We needed milk, cereal is an AWESOME deal (5 for $8 for Honeycombs & Fruity Pebbles-Fruity Pebbles make AMAZING rice krispy treats if you mix em 1/2 and 1/2 with regular krispies-just an fyi!), and I needed postage stamps.  I also needed to quickly make a copy of Shay's birth certificate for soccer.  I was rushing because Sawyer has soccer practice and Alyssa & I have Young Womens so I of course have to figure something quick out for dinner.  I ran into a few people and love to visit so by the time I was leaving it was crunch time.  My cashier-sorta crazy.  He kept chatting and normally I like to chat with strangers-but only with normal fun strangers-not psycho ones.  His last remark as he is FINALLY handing me my stamps and receipt-"Do you like to play games...like Go Fish and Gyn Rummy?"  Me-"Um-no."  Crazy cashier: "Ya-cuz your stamps have the King of Hearts and Queen of Hearts on them."  Seriously?  So What?  The sad part-he had a wedding ring on-somebody loves him.  I'd love to meet her!

4 comments:

the Brakey's said...

He is a child of our Heavenly Father Joy! Of course someone loves him! it's interesting though, most people marry their equals-which means, there is another crazy person out there somewhere! In my head I am hearing the "Twilight Zone" theme song!

Angie said...

You are too funny, maybe he wasn't psycho, maybe he's just friendly and a little nerdy!

Joy & Casey said...

Julie-if it's true people marry their equals I lucked out-Casey is AMAZING!!! He must have been confused or aiming low!? Funny. Angie-wanna come over and play Go Fish? Bring Corey. We'll eat popsicles. Just Me & Casey and you & Corey. It's gonna be so much fun. I can hardly wait! ;)

K-I sort of have a mean streak. I LOVE to make fun of people. I try to be nice-sometimes I just can't. You all should have been there! HILARIOUS!

Princess Academy said...

LOL that's great Poor lonely man --but I too am married, some people should be given sainthood for who they are married to