

Can you find cute Alyssa in these pictures???? :) We started practicing for the Oquirrh Mountain Temple Cultural Celebration back in March....it was brutal in the beginning and I seriously wondered if this was a realistic thing to expect from these teenagers. Our Stake was assigned the 50s-super fun-most of our kids are in the choir and a few are dancers. They all have "partners" which is hilarious....dancing together is kIlLiNg them!!! Seriously so funny! This week we had 2 rehearsals in a field and it was amazing to me! So humbling to see that when Heavenly Father's hand is in something-when we are doing His work-that He truly does bless us! These kids are seriously INCREDIBLE! They have come so far and learned so much and their dance looks awesome!!!!! I didn't have the opportunity to serve a mission but it totally reminds me of the experience people have with learning a foreign language in the MTC-they learn it faster and easier than anywhere else. I believe I have witnessed a similar thing with this. So humbling!!! SO....practices are over....they have 2 HUGE dress rehearsals at the Conference Center the next 2 Thursdays and then it's showtime on the 30th! I'll have to get pictures of them in costume-the poodle skirts are so cute! They will be dancing around two cars from the 50's...I'm anxious to see how they get those on the stage at the Conference Center!? Neat experience but June will hopefully be a tiny bit less stressful and way less busy! Is that possible?
2 comments:
Awesome once in a life time experiences I'm glad you post about it because I wonder and then love hearing how things are Thanks for sharing
Tonya....You were so awesome to help us with sewing the poodle skirts!!! Thank you! Sewing is one thing I have NO DESIRE to learn how to do~too much on my plate already! You are so talented and so willing! They turned out darling! I'll post a pic of them in their skirts for you next dress rehearsal!
Post a Comment