Anyone remember Milli Vanilli??? They were AWESOME! They were back in the day of albums/cassette tapes-I should go to I tunes to get this song! Blame It On The Rain was the theme of our night! Alyssa quit dance to play the violin 3 years ago and then decided she wanted to dance again. Tonight was her first recital with this studio. It was at beautiful Sandy Ampitheater. Dang hilarious night!!! It started to rain a little-caused a bit of panic. Then it poured. The owner called an intermission to see if it would blow over-it only got worse. The whole place was umbrellas and blankets-we were all soaked! Casey & I & LeAna were laughing-the kids were sobbing because they were terrified of the thunder & lightning and my poor mom was stuck with the sobbing kids on her lap. I think we were all relieved when they finally said to get your kids and go home!!! The funny part is this is our 2nd time at Sandy Ampitheater. Our first time was last summer to see Sawyer Brown-it rained then too. The story is somewhere on here way back last summerish-we waited outside of Mark Miller's tour bus to get a picture of him with our cute Sawyer-by the time the wimp came out for a picture Sawyer was sobbing and we were all soaking wet. Sawyer wouldn't just stand by Mark Miller so I had to hold him in the picture. Funny memory.
SO...tonight was another funny memory. But Alyssa did great-we are so proud of her! She's one talented girl!!!




6 comments:
so you were the lucky charm tonight :) - what a crazy night, I was lucky to be backstage so I stayed nice and dry! Alyssa did do a great job it looked like she enjoyed it.
I'm not ashamed to say I have the Milli Vanilli CD! :) And it took a lot of visits to used CD stores to find it. It is still fun to listen to! I don't think it is available on iTunes but I'll be happy to send you a copy.
It is fun to see your daughter's dance pictures! Sorry you all got rained on...
It comes on cd Christina??? That is funny! I spent a lot of time laughing at UTube lastnight showing my kids who Milli Vanilli & MC Hammer were...good times! Haven't heard them for years but I still knew most of the words. My kids were SO impressed! (Ok-they really think I am just a big nerd!) I'd love a copy of your cd! ;)
I'm so sorry that I missed it! I need to get more organized because I always forget to write things down in the same place and then I either miss them or double book myself! It sounds like you guys had a fun night though in the rain! Hopefully I can catch the next one... Love you guys!
Hahahahaha Heather...lucky for you it's been rescheduled for next week sometime! I am totally laughing as I type this! You might want to wait for reals til next year...it'll be better! She'll be in a class she has to work harder at.
Love ya! Didn't call ya to make ya feel bad-just wanted ya to sit by us if you were coming! ;)
hmm Remind me to never invite you to something in the outdoors --do you always bring the rain?
Post a Comment