Friday, May 8, 2009

"Hopping Into Kindergarten"


 I just realized I forgot to post these pics!!!  We had Kindergarten Orientation a couple of weeks ago....it's always such a bittersweet thing!!!  I really thought this time would be a piece of cake.  Sawyer is almost 6 (we held him back a year because he has a July birthday!), it's my 3rd time doing the kindergarten thing AND we just did Jr High Orientation for Alyssa so that should totally put "kindergarten isn't a big deal" into perspective, right?  Wrong!  I still got a lump in my throat and tears in my eyes!  The first day of school should be super fun!  LOL  It's fun that Sawyer is growing up.  He is such a good boy-almost always fun to hang out with-super easy going.  He's an AWESOME reader!!!  He blows me away.  He reads everything wherever we go. He has so many cute little buddies in our neighborhood that he will go to school with-I am so grateful for that!  He will totally love kindergarten and I will totally miss him!
 It's so nice that we don't have to buy diapers and we're almost done with car seats HOWEVER I'm not sure I'm ready for these kids to grow up!!!  I wish we could freeze time right where we are just for a little while.  It's going too fast!
*His school did the cutest theme "Hopping Into Kindergarten"....they got a little rubber frog, frosted a frog cookie, and got a Five Green & Speckled Frogs book...so fun!

4 comments:

stacey said...

CUTE picture will you send me the one with Quinn in it. (bsajacobsen@yahoo.com) You were good to bring a camera I totally forgot. Scary our boys will be starting so soon. At least they have a great group of friends to keep them on track :)

Angie said...

Your school is fun, our K orientation was pretty lame last year

Stacy Holmes said...

I have to say..good move on holding a July bday boy back a year! We decided not to hold our July boy back..and we have regretted it! Not because he wasn't smart enough..because he is..but in 3rd grade the maturity differences were huge! Ben was not ready mentally for multiplication and he struggled..but in just 6 months time,he grasped it easily..and the coorination thing is another reason..anyway, it is a hard decision..I think you made a good choice!

Joy & Casey said...

Stacy....I'm sorry to hear that!!! It was such a hard decision for us but we feel really good about the decision we made. Our 9 lb 7 oz baby that was HUGE is a pretty small kid...that and boys are a little not so mature :) and it would be nice to be the oldest instead of the youngest. He's grown a ton and is SO ready for kindergarten....hope cute Ben does ok! You are a great mom I am sure he will do great!!!