We had a fantastic holiday season....super busy but super fun! Lots of great memories! With 4 kids, a husband, a house to clean AND my new calling in Young Womens it's felt super hectic so the blog has been left in the dust! :) TODAY however I went to check my mail and found a package from my friend Christina from high school. We have reconnected thanks to Facebook and it's been so great to chat with her. She lives in Boston! She saw my post about seeing Angel Moroni being put on the new Oquirrh Mountain Temple and told me her brother was involved in building that and her family was there to watch that day too. Apparently they were able to get some remnants of the granite that was used to build the temple and gave them as gifts for Christmas. She got one for me! I will always treasure it because it has been such a neat experience for our family to watch this beautiful temple being built AND because it is from an incredible friend. I am amazed as I look at my life-today and back over the years-at the incredible people my Heavenly Father has always blessed me with for friends. I have grown so much and become a better person because I have ALWAYS been surrounded by incredible people!!! I think that is the blessing in life is feeling absolute gratitude for everyone you have ever known-for a minute, for a day, in high school or now...we really are molded into who we are because of who we know and the experiences we get to have. I learn so much from everyone around me. Thanks Christina!!! You made my day!
Monday, January 5, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




7 comments:
OH MY GOODNESS!! That is so awesome! I'm super jealous! (is that ok?) WOW!! You do have great friends - but I have a better one.... YOU!!! Thank you for all you do! YOU make my day! with all your inspiration! Words of wisdom! and just being YOU! TRUE YOU! YOU ARE AMAZING so it is no surprise that you have amazing people around you! THANKS FOR SHARING!!! (I'm still jealous! What a treasure!)
Thank you Joy! I was so happy I could send that to you, it has been neat for me to see how much you love that temple. You have been such a good friend to me- I'm so glad to be back in touch with you!
Joy- What an amazing gift! That is beautiful. Such a great keepsake and reminder in your home.
So glad we're in touch. Have a great day!
Isn't Christina just the best? Seriously. LOVE that girl forever.
I am so grateful to have YOU in my life Joy. You are a wonderful visiting teacher and friend. Thank you! What a special gift from your friend. It's wonderful.
What a special gift!! I wanted to thank you for the darling Christmas gift. You are such a thoughtful friend, and I am so grateful for your friendship! How are you surviving off-track? Send cute little Shaylee over anytime!!
WOW! That is so neat what a great reminder to look at each day. You are such a fantastic neighbor and friend thanks for always being so willing to help with anything!
Post a Comment