Tuesday, January 27, 2009
Hard to recognize blessings! :)
SO Saturday night was our Stake Womens Conference. For some reason ever since we have moved to this house it has been something I look forward to. It is always such an uplifting meeting that makes me feel like "I can do better!!!" Don't we all need a little push sometimes to tackle the world?? The theme for the night was Learning To Dance In the Rain...atleast that's what I think it was!? 3 women from our stake spoke and did an incredible job of sharing their struggles and what they have learned and become as a result of them--they sort of shared that our trials are really our blessings and that is how we grow. I have gained such a strong testimony of what a blessing our trials are during the last few years. Casey and I have a very strong marriage and are incredibly blessed but sometimes life throws you a curveball and it is hard to have faith and make sense of it all. During such uncertain times I am even more grateful we have had little trials to strengthen our faith and make us closer as a couple and as a family. It's amazing to me to watch the news and see all of the huge burdens people are carrying and to know that there really is no reason to fear. It's so comforting to know our Heavenly Father knows us and loves us and is there for us. It's always going to be ok!!! I certainly wouldn't ask for more trials but it's nice to feel gratitude for the ones I have had because I have become stronger. I can honestly say that as I look back over my life I really think the experiences I am MOST grateful for are the hardest ones. I am grateful to have felt so inspired by that meeting!!! It's such a blessing to be a member of this church.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




3 comments:
Great post! You make me want to dig in and be better!!! At least not complain about the small trials I have! See, I could use a little spirituality! Thanks for the inspiration!
Why is it that the hardest trials bring the biggest blessings? And why is it that I can never remember that when I'm stuck in the trenches fighting it out? Excellent words, my friend.
And happy birthday tomorrow!
wow You've been on a role --Thanks for sharing! You have such an exampliarary faith Thank you! Trials are part of life --I can honestly say I learn the most from the big ones, BUT I am NOT thankful for all of them. So are ones I wouldn't wish on ANYONE BUt there is good in all things and growth is definitely a common thread with all trials
Post a Comment