Wednesday, October 21, 2009

San Francisco

This moment was so flippin funny-we'd walked up and down hills so much that I got a HUGE charlie horse in my butt/leg when I tried to jump up on the wall for this picture...you just had to be there. Alcatraz was incredible-to visit and to see from a distance...spooky it's covered in fog a lot of the time.
Brian & Erin riding the trolleys-dang fun! We loved it! Riding on the OUTSIDE of the trolley was a little freaky to me-the hills are so steep and the cars & other trolleys cruise by so fast. I asked the driver if anyone's ever got hurt when they fall off-he told me they hit their head and die. I laughed-he didn't-must be true. Trolley drivers were of course fun to visit with-cool guys-hard work to drive those.
Alcatraz tour-so worth it! I'd love to do the night tour next time.
Erin & I on Alctraz-the view of The Golden Gate Bridge. The prisoners that were recorded for the tour talked about how hard it was to see the city and hear their laughter and music while they were in prison with no freedom. Amazing to see the beautiful view of San Francisco from Alctraz.

I've always wanted to go to San Francisco-We had such a great time & are so grateful for Brian & Erin...they have always been such great friends to us...Brian was one awesome Maid of Honor (You're welcome Brian-I know you love it when I tell everyone that-all 3 people who read my blog now know you were a Maid of Honor!)
We had so much fun with them & hope they will be willing to travel with us again someday~even if I prefer Subway over crab or sushi. Nasty.

2 comments:

Brian & Erin said...

We would go with you anytime even if you are too picky experiment or experience real food. By the way I was a Man of Honor NOT maid.

Brian

Joy & Casey said...

No-pretty sure you were MAID. Whatever. I'd do Scomas again anyday-smelling the sick fish was worth throwing the crusty waitress for a loop! "I'll just have a diet coke-and mooch free bread-and then I'll leave. Thanks." LOL