Tonight during Sawyer's turn his verse had the word "hell" in it. It's always such a confusing moment for him-WHAT IS HE SUPPOSED TO DO? That is a swear word and he gets in trouble when he says it. I always remind him it's ok-it's teaching us about a place in the scriptures so he can read the word. So he hesitated a little-gave me a quick glance to seek approval-and read it. He giggled a little. When he finished the verse he asked me, "Mom, what kind of language do they speak in hell?" I am pretty sure it wasn't a real question-just an opportunity to say that fun little word one last time tonight. ;)
Jaycee is the only person in the family that can't read. It really bugs her. We used to whisper the verse in her ear but she is so beyond that now. She can read. She is just sure of it! So when we are done we let her "read" us one last verse. It's always hilarious to hear what she comes up with. Never fails the verse she reads always begins with "Behold"...funny she has caught onto that. Pretty common word in the scriptures, huh? So tonight it was, "Behold, we can only say bad words when they are in scriptures. And not potty words unless they are in scriptures." She rambled on a little more then her closing words were "Chapter 14 verse 32." She just makes that part up, too. Cracks us all up.
In all seriousness I am so grateful for these simple moments with my sweet family. I wanted to be a wife and a mom more than anything in life~it has been better than I could have ever imagined to grow and learn with these awesome people I have been blessed with. I thought I would be "the teacher" and it felt like so much pressure. Pressure because I love them so much and want them to live lives of peace & happiness that only the gospel can bring. It's interesting to see that it's the experiences we have as a family that teach us together-we are growing so much and becoming so much. I learn so much more from Casey & our kids than they will ever learn from me. They are just awesome!!!




3 comments:
Funny, Max had a verse tonight with "hell" in it too! Tonight we did a fire in the pit in the back yard-anything to make it more interesting, right?!?!?
I love sweet Jaycee! And I wonder why it's ok for Casey to say potty words and naughty words when he's not reading the scriptures...interesting!
Um-Ya Angie-what's up with that??? Good thing it's only Casey that says potty words and not me! LOL Kids are so dang funny!
Post a Comment