As I was sitting at the center I was in charge of I watched my awesome Sawyer with Jaycee and seriously had to choke back the tears. They seriously just love each other and Sawyer was totally watching out for her. He helped her put on her headphones for the listening center-he then pushed in her chair and explained what she needed to do as he handed her a book. Only after she was settled did he sit down to enjoy his own book-he kept watching her to make sure she was ok. When the bell dinged to change centers he held her hand and helped her find a costume in the Vet Center-that's where they get to wear doctor costumes and check all of the animals to see why they are sick and record the information in the animal's chart. Sawyer made sure all of his friends included Jaycee and helped her write when it was her turn. When the bell dinged again and it was time to listen to each other share stories they had written he held her hand and walked her to the carpet-then held her ON HIS LAP while they listened to stories. I was shocked. He gives me rocks when I drop him off for school-there's no way he'll kiss me or hug me because that's not cool. I'm pretty sure holding your little sister on your lap can't be cool, either. But she mattered to him enough that he wasn't worried about it. I wish I had my camera so I could've taken a picture-it would be so fun to share that!
Last night after dinner I was trying to get Sawyer to tell Casey about his day. I finally told Casey about our experience in kindergarten and shared how grateful I was that Sawyer is such an incredible big brother. Sawyer said, "Well-I love her. She is my sister." I smiled and he quickly said, "I don't LOVE HER love her-like I'm gonna marry her. But I love her." Made me laugh! It's such a blessing to have experiences like this-it honestly makes it all worth while and somehow drowns out the stress and memories of all of my kids fighting and arguing...being a mom is so worth it! Please remind me of that next time you see me ready to crack! ;)




4 comments:
That is so SWEET! Made me cry! Quinn does the exact same thing to his little sisters, and acts like an older brother to Aubree. Maybe it has something to do with being the only boy in the family? I don't know but I LOVE the sensitive side of them. What CUTE boys they can be rough and crazy one minute but totally melt your heart in another minute. :)
That is too, too cute.
That is so cute! Talon is that way with Kinley and I really don't know what I will do when they aren't best friends anymore. I guess we just need to enjoy it while we can!
ohhh What a sweet BIg brother --I'm glad he doesn't liek love love love her
Post a Comment