Saturday, September 12, 2009

The Healing Fields



We have driven past this every year and never taken the time to walk thru it....I of course spent a lot of time yesterday reflecting on the sad, scary memory of September 11, 2001. I love our country-always have. But somehow that day brought a deeper love and appreciation for the blessings we enjoy-for the peace & safety we all cherish in this country. It's amazing how "back to normal" everyone has gotten since that day-for a long time it felt like life just stood still. I'm grateful for the awesome music that is played on the radio every September 11th-really makes it such a special & sacred day. It's so good for all of us to be reminded! I love to see the flags in everyone's yards-NEXT YEAR we will have one for sure. It made me sad to wake up Friday and not have one flying in our yard. Alyssa & Shaylee both came home from school yesterday rattling off stories their teachers shared with them at school...my first thought was The Healing Field that I've never taken them to. SO we went tonight as a family. Sawyer & Jaycee just thought it was fun to run thru the flags, but Alyssa & Shaylee "got it". I'm so grateful for that! Now I think I'll reread "Let's Roll" by Lisa Beamer-amazing book. We all remember that story. If anyone wants to borrow my copy you are so welcome to it! ;)

1 comment:

stacey said...

I would LOVE to borrow your book