Why am I sharing this? I will tell you why! I am now more determined to make them. Casey laughingly told me he doesn't want to eat his hamburger on a roll. For those of you that know Casey well-you are laughing. You've had these conversations about left handed scissors or frosting cakes or buttering bread. I now can't butter bread or frost a cake without laughing and making it uneven on purpose. It's hilarious to me. IF any of you know how to make homemade hamburger buns please share your recipe or give me tips. I need to make amazing hamburger buns-they can't look like a roll. Joy Olson can kick Sara Lee's butt, right?
Sunday, July 26, 2009
Homemade Hamburger Buns
So today in Sacrament Meeting Casey & I were both really struggling to pay attention. It was just one of those days. I told Casey that when I get home from camp I am going to try making homemade hamburger buns. HUGE MISTAKE! He seriously cracks me up. His initial response was simply, "Why? Aren't hamburger buns cheap?" I started to laugh. A few minutes later he made a comment about our "hamburger bun fiasco"-made me laugh harder. A few minutes later..."What's next-are we going to start making our own candles?" I am sure nobody appreciated sitting by us today because they for sure couldn't pay attention either.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




7 comments:
You go girl!!! I am nt domestic so I don't have a recipe-just a grocery list with hamburger buns checked! GOod Luck-please post the results!
Joy, That is FUNNY! Check out this website
http://www.blisstree.com/bakingdelights/easy-perfect-homemade-hamburger-or-hot-dog-buns/
I guess they even sell Hamburger Bun Pans, so funny let me know how it goes :) BTY your blog is super cute and your girls are so cute, Shaylee is darling what a good help Jaycee is lucky to have 2 great big sisters. How was camp?
I have a recipe if you need one, call me
girl power I believe in you even over buns:)
I'll have ya all over for a bbq when I master this-Stacey...thanks for the website...Shannon...I'll probably be calling you! I think it sounds fun! We ate at Salt City Burger a couple weeks ago-it was AWESOME but the buns were so good and it made the hamburger even better. Stacey-camp was so much fun. We'll chat! Next week when we walk! What the crap? I miss you guys!
So they kids must be back in school and you must be busy driving all over town because you never go this long without posting!
Ya--this sorta fizzled out. I was super excited and totally determined when Casey laughed at me but then I forgot all about it thanks to camp. Oh well-when and if I try this I'll post pics. Maybe I'll make them for our special anniversary dinner in October! OR we'll just go to Training Table. :)
Post a Comment