Thursday, November 6, 2008

Sawyer's Testimony

Today we were driving down Bangerter Highway and passed the Oquirrh Mountain Temple. Sawyer started to tell me he had a testimony so I asked to hear it. He said, "I know the church is true. I know Heavenly Father is true. I know that heaven isn't very far away."

Incredible! Amazing little Trent passed away Tuesday so we have had a lot of conversations in our house the past couple of days. We have NOT discussed where heaven is so that blew me away he had thought about that. It's amazing how much these little kids understand...I learn so much from my sweet kids.

5 comments:

stacey said...

So sad to hear about Trent. I read his blog and just cried then had to hug my kids extra tight. Sawyer is so sweet! It is amazing to hear what they think and know.

Alicia said...

Joy-I just want you to know how much I LOVE reading your blog. It always brings a smile to my face. Little Sawyer is so sweet, and doesn't it just melt your heart when they show their "spiritual" sides?!! I have thought so much about little Trent and his family!! OUr prayers truly go out to that dear, sweet family!! Have a wonderful night!!

g said...

That is great. We learn so must from our children. I like what you put on my blog so I copied it to post on yours.

" I am Wonderful
Giving
Great Friend
Christlike
Amazing
Sweet
Compassionate
Selfless
Thoughtful
Creative
They are just words...now I am done. :)
~Joy
Yes, you are!

The Olson Gang said...

Tender...touched....kids.....
I wish I could just keep things so simple! Why do we have to grow up and make life "difficult?" I think I'll add that to my "list" of questions for when I get to the gate....CRAP! Hopefully I get to the gate! Man! Hit a complication already! Can't even get one thought out without complicating things.....

good night!

Thanks again for letting the girls gather & play! SIMPLE....Simple.....simple.... I'm working on it!

Shaun and Tonya said...

darling what a precious moment!