Thursday, November 13, 2008
Some people shouldn't have kids.....
Ok-This time I am not referring to me even though I know I am not mother of the year! Today Sawyer was playing at a friend's and Jaycee was at preschool so I ran to Target to get some ideas for Christmas. As I was grabbing my cart I saw a mom walk to the bathroom door which is right by the door to go outside. She had a 2 year old boy and a baby boy that was maybe 6 months old. She had a cart full of stuff she had purchased, it also had her purse and her 2 darling children that are way more important even than the stuff in the cart!!!! I heard her say to her little son, "Stay right here. I have to go to the bathroom and I will be right back." She went into the bathroom and locked the door and left them in the cart outside the bathroom. SERIOUSLY???????? The cart could have easily gone into the bathroom with her-it's the "family bathroom" that is probably made for these situations. I stood close by to make sure nothing happened to the kids and wanted to say something to the mom but I didn't-I just walked away after she was done. Any of you who know me know I am WAY too overprotective as a mom so you know at the store my kids are never out of my sight. BUT I am pretty sure normal mom's aren't that casual. What the heck? I wish I would have said something to her but how do you tactfully say, "Loser! Your kids could have been kidnapped by a psycho. Maybe watch your kids or take them to the bathroom with you. By the way-You're welcome. I made sure they were safe and I'm a stranger so I couldn't talk to them because hopefully you have told them strangers are dangerous!!! Maybe you should turn your kids in for a puppy." See-I'm a little judgemental so I just didn't say anything. Pretty scary!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




6 comments:
WOW!! I know she must think it's a big pain to haul the kids in with her, believe me I know, but really? I find myself often telling my kids that they'll have to wait to get home before using the bathroom because I'm not taking everyone in. I guess I'll do that until one of them has an accident in the store. She must be really clueless.
Kamber...
WHAT THE HECK!!! Tell me how to communicate back with you-your blog is locked and you've moved. Once in awhile you pop in here and it's like I'm hearing from the dead! :) I want to say hi back! Hope you guys are doing good! We miss ya...I wish I had ya around to learn about my pressure cooker! Not just for that-you are amazing!
~Joy
I would NEVER have trusted a two-year-old. My two-year-olds would have run wild through the store. Yikes.
oh my word I am sick --wrong!
been there and taken all three kids in with me. usually it is them that has to go...
I have directions for my canning pressure cooker...
Post a Comment