Monday, November 3, 2008

Happy Birthday Shay!!!!

I always let my kids choose their favorite lunch on their birthdays and I go eat with them in the cafeteria. It cracks me up...a simple Arctic Circle hamburger and shake makes all the kids so jealous! It would be fun to bring lunch for the whole class-I'm too cheap!
Shay's cute soccer ball cake we made-Casey did a great job decorating it! I had no idea how to make a soccer ball.


Our family-Shaylee has been SOOOOOO excited for her birthday to come and today she got sick. She has a horrible headache! Sad! So we did the best we could-had her open her gifts, blew out the candles and tucked her in bed. She is always so thoughtful and loving on everyone else's special day, it breaks my heart she had to be so miserable on hers. We sure are blessed to have her in our family~she teaches every one of us so much about being selfless and loving. We sure love ya Shay!

7 comments:

stacey said...

Happy Birthday Shaylee! Joy what a cute mom you are, I love the lunch idea how fun for her. She is really a doll I think she is so sweet, hope she feels better! kudos to Casey the cake looked awesome!

Christina B. said...

I love the idea of taking lunch to your daughter, that is so neat! And Casey did a great job on the cake, I'm very impressed that he did that!

Rob and Tracee said...

Happy Birthday Shaylee! I'm going to miss you in Activity Days. You are one awesome girl!!! How fun taking lunch to school. I think I'm going to copy your tradition. And the cake is so cool. Good job!

Angie said...

Love your cake, and I love Shay too.

Alicia said...

Happy, happy birthday cute little Shaylee!! I'm so sorry that you got sick on your special day! I am sooooo excited to have you in activity days!! You are such a darling, sweet girl. Joy, you are such a wonderful mom!! Thanks for being such a dear, sweet friend!!

Heather said...

Happy Birthday Shay!! I have a gift I need to bring by... we love ya!!

Very cute cake!

Shaun and Tonya said...

love the cake