Tuesday, August 26, 2008

School Teachers!!

So...I emailed Alyssa's teacher yesterday about a situation at school. She replied to my email and at the end thanked me for my "patients"!!! Seriously?????? SHE is my 6th graders teacher! Made me laugh! I know they all have their area of expertise and apparently spelling is not hers. I wanted to be sarcastic and tell her I am not a doctor or something but I was nice and ignored it. Still makes me giggle! :) I guess "patience" was never one of her spelling words, huh?
Way different note-I bought the best book at Deseret Book Saturday. The best part is-I finished it in 25 minutes yesterday while Jaycee took her nap!!! It's not that it's like Twilight and you can't put it down-it is simple and short and totally inspiring! It's a little book by Hilary Weeks called "Believe In What You're Doing, Believe In Who You Are". Everyone should have their own copy, it's so good and has such simple reminders of where our hearts should all be!!! I can't wait to read it again. She is truly talented and has a special way of sharing her testimony through her many talents. I am so grateful for her-I check her website all of the time and always feel uplifted after reading her words!!! Amazing lady! Buy her book! :)

3 comments:

Shaun and Tonya said...

School teacher aren't perfect --I was a good teacher and I am a horrid speller --So don't give up on her:) We are all human --I need to borrow your uplifting quick read --so excited to find another fellow blogger

Joy & Casey said...

OK..you are right... I have a SLIGHT mean streak, but it was a funny story, right?? :) You are totally welcome to borrow that book. Sheri has it right now-I will bring it to you when she is done. Remind me if I forget-I sort of have a bad memory!!!
~Joy

Alicia said...

Dearest Joy-
I am SOOOOO excited that you have decided to join the blogging world!! You are hilarious!! I could just hear you speaking through your funny words, especially the story about our little darling's teacher!! That is a crack-up!! (I'm going to have to be extra careful in spelling words on your blog now!!) I look forward to seeing your darling family and updates on your blog!! Keep it up!! It is so darn fun!