Sunday, August 24, 2008

Sawyer Brown

Me with Jaycee and Alyssa....
Alyssa, Casey, SAWYER, mom, Jaycee and Shaylee...the question is-who is the guy in the red shirt??? Makes me laugh. Maybe I should learn how to crop pictures, eh?? :)
Mark Miller is getting old but he really can still move-he's a little crazy!
Phil Stacey opened for Sawyer Brown-we are definitely fans! He is great! We saw him on the Idols tour last year and got his autograph after the show-totally nice guy! Talented too. We bought his cd after the show hoping it had his song Old Glory on there-great song-wasn't on there. We were bummed but the cd is still great....
Ahhh!!! I really wanted this picture because this is where Sawyer got his name. I was a LITTLE persistent about this picture. Infact-Casey would tell you I acted like a 13 year old! Haha It was pretty funny but totally worth the picture. My vision was just Sawyer and Mark Miller but both of them were crying about the rain-oh well. It is what it is, right? He stepped out of his tour bus long enough to say cheese for us. What a nice guy! :)

I have been a Sawyer Brown fan for a long time. I used to see him at the Delta Center. Last year we went to Wendover with our friends Craig and Shalae and this year we saw him at the Sandy Ampitheatre. Funny how times change for those guys! They still are great-we had a blast!!! I know this was back in July but I didn't have a blog then...I need to catch up!! I told my mom you haven't lived until you've seen a Sawyer Brown concert-now she's lived-the rest of you need to get to one! Good Times! :)

2 comments:

Alicia said...

Joy-
So sorry, I just had to leave another comment!! I am the BIGGEST "Sawyer Brown" fan ever!! I'm so bummed that I didn't know they were in town! (O.K., back in the day, I used to keep tabs on them, and went to their concert when "Nitty Gritty Dirt Band" and "Diamond Rio" performed with them!) Shaun and I went to "Rascal Flats" back in Feb., and that was a total blast!! Maybe we could hook up and go "concert hopping" one of these days!! Hee, hee, hee!! Have a wonderful day.

Joy & Casey said...

Alicia-
I am in! I am jealous you saw Rascal Flatts-LOVE THEM!!!!