Saturday, November 14, 2009

Time Out For Women

I am a huge Hilary Weeks fan-love her. She is amazing and talented and seems so down to earth...love her testimony-love her voice-we always have her cds playing & I love her blog. You'd think we are best friends-we totally are not-I wish she thought I was as cool as I think she is. It'd be cool if she knew my name and called to borrow a cup of sugar! ;) My kids even know and love her music. Sheri Dew is also incredible-I have all of her books and they are completely marked up. She is so awesome-I quote her all of the time to my Young Women, I have a quote from her hanging in our bathroom...she's amazing & her words are so powerful. It says (because I know you are wondering what it could possibly say!):

"Each experience with the Savior leads to greater faith, and as our faith increases, our vision of and confidence about who we are grows clearer."

My fav-totally Sheri Dew. Powerful. Simple. So true. SO Time Out For Women has always been a dream of mine-they just never do it in Salt Lake. This year they did and a bunch of us went. It was life changing for me-I love the moments when you can listen and learn and be prompted by the Spirit to become something better. I love to be among women-there is power when women stand together. A very real tangible power. I love it. The contrast of my weekend with the gloomy times we live in was overwhelming. Sheri Dew & Hilary my bff were incredible...of course!!! But today we heard from a woman named Kris Belcher. AMAZING!!! Wish I could describe this incredible spiritual giant-she's my new hero. Incredible trials-incredible story-incredible testimony. Funniest. Lady. Ever. FOR REALS! Heavenly Father has a plan for her and she has no idea that it was to be an inspiration to me and so many. Google her name-buy her book at Deseret Book-attend Time Out For Women next year....you'll never regret it! Personally I'd love to go to lunch with her and have her for my friend also-or atleast be able to give her a hug. Spiritual Giant. LOVE HER! She makes me feel like I can tackle any trial that comes my way-and makes me realize that even though I've had some tough things happen in my life I don't have a clue what a trial is.

I laughed that they referred to my favorite part of life-that we all have a story. I guess I'm not so crazy BRIAN & ERIN!!! Kidding-sort of. I love the stories of people. I love that we are all in this journey together. That we have free agency. We have the Spirit to guide us. We have trials to mold us. Heavenly Father places people in our paths to help us learn who we are and help us find our way. We eventually CAN become someone amazing if we have the Savior by our side. I love the glimpses we get of eternity with the pinpricks of the Spirit-I love to be an instrument in my Heavenly Father's hands. I know He can do a lot more with my life than I ever can-I wish that I always remembered that and never lost my vision...it gets so confusing! ;) I truly love my life and am grateful for every precious experience-I'm truly grateful for the momentum this weekend provided-I'm ready to conquer once again!

BTW-all 4 of you that venture to our little blog should really buy Hilary Weeks amazing new Christmas cd Christmas Once Again...you will love it! I also LOVE "God Bless Your Way"-the book but especially the song with the same title. Best Christmas song ever-LOVE IT! Ask my kids-they loved it the first 1000 times they heard it-they'll be glad we have the new cd to give some variety because I replay "God Bless Your Way" quite a few times a day...check it out!

www.deseretbook.com/hilaryweeks

5 comments:

Angie said...

Whew, sounds like we had two totally different weekends. Yours was all spiritual and mine was completely worldly! Lets see, Time Out For Women or Twilight Party... I think yours wins in the long run. I bet it was awesome, I love Sheri Dew!

stacey said...

It was fun, but I have to admit if I didn't here Kris Belcher Talk I wouldn't have been nearly touched :) I could hook you up with her if you want my sister is visiting teaching partners with her sister and her mom is Mandy's visiting teacher :) Her Book is AMAZING I am almost finished with it if you would like to borrow it :)

Joy & Casey said...

Angie-I love Twilight stuff, too. Balance, right??? You'll have to go next year-it was truly incredible! Stacey-I'd love to borrow your book!!! Let me know when you are done. Glad you loved her, too. What a beautiful incredible person.

Joy & Casey said...

And Stacey-maybe if visiting teaching had ANYTHING AT ALL to do with Kris Belcher I'd be a better visiting teacher! ;) Glad to have a new excuse!!! LOL

Joy & Casey said...

And Stacey-maybe if visiting teaching had ANYTHING AT ALL to do with Kris Belcher I'd be a better visiting teacher! ;) Glad to have a new excuse!!! LOL