Wednesday, November 18, 2009

My Boys


I am a very lucky girl-I married my best friend and he's awesome! It's still breath taking to see him be a dad to our kids...he makes me laugh and teaches me a ton. Sawyer wants to be just like his dad-he totally worships him. He wants to hunt like him. Play baseball like him. Anything Casey does is awesome to Sawyer. Tonight Sawyer wanted to help Casey in the basement so he had his first lesson on mudding. He mudded all the screw holes in the closet and did a pretty good job. He has no idea that the closet is where the inexperienced mudders probably work ;) he was just happy to be helping his dad. When he was putting his pajamas on he said, "Mom, don't wash my mudding pants. I'll just wear them again tomorrow when I help dad." Too funny. I'm grateful that Casey sets such an awesome example in all areas of his life for Sawyer to follow-Casey truly lives what he believes and is such a selfless person-Sawyer can't go wrong watching him! I'm already proud of the person Sawyer is-it will be awesome to see who he becomes throughout his life.

2 comments:

The Olson Gang said...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE THIS!!!! It brought back so many fun memories of Josch following his dad around too! They are so stinkin' cute.... but.... let me just tell you a secret... shhhhhh (they grow up! ... And they grow bigger than you! AND IT IS WRONG!!! And... then they think they know it all... but don't worry - soon they out grow that as well - just like they do their shoes, their pants, their shirts...) and then they become CUTE again... Just thought I'd give ya little warning.... Pictures are a good thing... reminders.... :) LOVE YA!

Joy & Casey said...

Love it Shontell!!! I am sure that is true. Sad Alyssa is already so big-where does time go? It's fun to see Sawyer have such a great relationship with his dad (along with the girls-they love him, too!), but Sawyer worships him! I'm sad he's almost old enough to go hunting-he can't wait!!! YIKES!!!