Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Real Life

So...today I got a little bit of a late start on my busy day. Dang it! After I got the kids off to school I read my scriptures, walked on the treadmill and showered-caught a glimpse of the clock and decided to just have a pony tail day-no time to get ready! I fed Sawyer his lunch and took him to school. Jaycee & I went to The Coke Store ;), the credit union and Lowes then came home to spackle the floor boards & casing Casey hung in the basement lastnight. I made dough for rolls to go with dinner before I went downstairs. Picked the kids up from school, rolled out the rolls, made dinner, helped them with their homework & put the 4th load of laundry for the day in the dryer and started the 5th load. Casey came home and we sat down for dinner before Alyssa had to go babysitting. Here's our conversation:

Me: "Do you hate it when you come home and your wife looks like this?"

Casey: "Nope-you look relaxed."

I am totally thinking-wow-I really am so lucky to have a husband who defines his scroungy wife as looking relaxed. No expectations here. He totally gets it.

BUT THEN after a short pause he adds:
"I love days like that!"

LOSER!!! He realized what he said and started to laugh-sort of a nice way of saying, "Honey-my day was super busy-what did you do all day?"

Here's to pony tail days! Glad he doesn't have one! That is a pony tail OR a pony tail day! ;)

8 comments:

The Olson Gang said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
The Olson Gang said...

WWWOOONNNDDDEERRR-WWWOOOMMMMAAANNN!!!

SHEESH!!! I'm exhausted!
You're HIRED! :)

I finally changed out of my PJ's at 1:30 - ONLY because I had to get one of the kids to a dentist appointment.... BUT yesterday - it was like 6:00 PM - I FINALLY went in to get dressed, and just splashed on some make-up. When I came out of the bathroom Bry informs me... "Mom, do you know that it is dark?" YEAH "Well, why did you get out of your pajamas now? You may as well go back in the bathroom and put them on... it is almost bed time now..." AGH! KIDS! "because I'm going to get in the shower after I fix dinner, then I'll get back in my pj's..." DAH!

I LOVE relaxed days too! :)

And... I must say - I'm glad Casey doesn't have a pony tail or pony tail days too! LOL!!!

Cammi Olson Bates said...

haha, i can hear the conversation in my head...and hear case bustin' up when he said that. thats pretty funny! pony tail... and pony tail day. creative. i like it.

Joy & Casey said...

Shontell-my mom and wife days are NOTHING compared to yours-you totally get the prize! And Bry cracks me up-we all have one of her around our house to help lighten things up! ;) Cam-so glad you know your bro so well-he seriously is the funniest person I have ever met. He totally busted up---

Mindy said...

Sometimes I feel like I'm having a pony tail life.
It's always good to go somewhere for the weekend and leave Dad in charge just so they can get a small glimpse of daily life with kids.
So, where should we go for the weekend? :)

Joy & Casey said...

Mindy-me too! I'd love a weekend away with you-that would be so much fun! Anytime-anywhere-you let me know! OR we could do lunch-maybe something more meaningful than saying "hey" when we see eachother in line for pizza at Costco! LOL
Love ya!

Joy & Casey said...

Mindy-me too! I'd love a weekend away with you-that would be so much fun! Anytime-anywhere-you let me know! OR we could do lunch-maybe something more meaningful than saying "hey" when we see eachother in line for pizza at Costco! LOL
Love ya!

Joy & Casey said...

Seriously...did I stutter??? Why did it post my comment twice?