Saturday Casey was responsible for the kids for 1 hour...just long enough for me to shower & get ready for the day. 5 minutes into my shower someone was pounding on the door-lovely. When I got out I found cute Sawyer waiting very impatiently in my bedroom for me to be done-he had a surprise for me. While I was showering Casey decided to mow the lawn & the kids wandered over to the neighbor's yard sale. They were SO GENEROUS and sweet to my kids-it was the end of the sale so they let them take whatever they wanted FOR FREE! Can you believe it? Among the treasures they found I ended up with beautiful jewelry that they were so excited about-they just knew I would love every single piece. Sawyer keeps looking thru them and choosing what he would like me to wear-I nicely brush him off and tell him maybe tomorrow so he asked me, "Do you even like what I got for you at the sale mom???" All of you fabulous better than me moms out there please tell me what you would do!!! Do I wear it til I get out the door and take them off? Sounds a little crusty! Do I wear them just while I am home in my sweats? Or do I somehow muster up every ounce of love that I have for my son and wear it all proudly...even the lovely 80's green bead necklace with the huge bracelet and lovely matching ear rings????
Monday, June 29, 2009
I'm trying to be a good mom.....
Saturday Casey was responsible for the kids for 1 hour...just long enough for me to shower & get ready for the day. 5 minutes into my shower someone was pounding on the door-lovely. When I got out I found cute Sawyer waiting very impatiently in my bedroom for me to be done-he had a surprise for me. While I was showering Casey decided to mow the lawn & the kids wandered over to the neighbor's yard sale. They were SO GENEROUS and sweet to my kids-it was the end of the sale so they let them take whatever they wanted FOR FREE! Can you believe it? Among the treasures they found I ended up with beautiful jewelry that they were so excited about-they just knew I would love every single piece. Sawyer keeps looking thru them and choosing what he would like me to wear-I nicely brush him off and tell him maybe tomorrow so he asked me, "Do you even like what I got for you at the sale mom???" All of you fabulous better than me moms out there please tell me what you would do!!! Do I wear it til I get out the door and take them off? Sounds a little crusty! Do I wear them just while I am home in my sweats? Or do I somehow muster up every ounce of love that I have for my son and wear it all proudly...even the lovely 80's green bead necklace with the huge bracelet and lovely matching ear rings????
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




9 comments:
Wear it with your sweats every day for a week. After that, they will forget all about it, and you can go back to your regular high fashion! But, that is what advice I would give if I were one of those fabulous mom's you are refering to :)
Honestly I would wear them. The green...ummmm but the others from your picture don't look too bad, just wear them proudly.
well... wear em every now and again... but be sure to let him know that you are SAVING them for the "SPECIAL" occasions.... Like when you have to check them out of JR HIGH school.... or HIGH SCHOOL.... or their engagement dinner when you meet "the other parents..." :) That's good stuff! I bet you find after the "first" encounter... they disappear.... mysteriously.... :)
Hey, I agree with Shannon, except I like the green one. You can give them her and I when you figure out how to get them out of your house :)
P.S. Jeremy got your blog address from Casey--I love it! Especially the Sawyer Brown music! Why didn't I know about the free concert? We would have totally loved to go! We're @ thescubas.blogspot.com/
DUH! JOY! Didn't you know the 80's fashions are all the rage now? Remember all the flourescent splash stuff? yep, it's all coming back so actually Sawyer is VERY Fashion forward. You should totally be grateful!!!!!
I would totally wear them... at least to the coke store! :)
The 80's are in --The green actually sin't too bad --I always wear my "treasures" around the house and then they never seem to make it out the door --my girls are thrilled that I wear them and after a few days they forget
THE COKE STORE! Perfect idea! I'm with Heather on this one! You have super great kids, Joy! But you already knew that!
I think they will totally compliment your sweats and of course they are perfect for an outing to the coke store!
Post a Comment