Saturday, April 25, 2009

17 Again

Anyone seen this movie???  It's pretty funny~Casey & I went to see it lastnight.  If you've seen it you know what it's about...if you haven't even heard of it-you might want to get out more ;)....either way~pretty self explanatory just from the title.  It's made me think about my life, I am SO weird!  It's always all about the meaning and how does this apply to me?!

High school for me was awesome!  I loved it.  I cried at graduation which was crazy because I sluffed all the time.  Seminary.  Law Enforcement-that was funny-the cop told me if I didn't want to come to class I had to just bring him breakfast back, too.  At the end of the year he made sure I understood if he ever pulled me over he WOULD give me a ticket.  Whatever!  I was good buddies with one of the vice principals so he'd let me hang out in his office sometimes if I didn't want to go to class.  I was pretty good at getting away with stuff because I graduated with an awesome gpa...my social life was very important to me and I was blessed with such fun good friends.  Casey & I knew eachother when we were 17-he was my best friend.  Nothing romantic-I don't think I was IN LOVE with him but I totally loved him.  He was my favorite person to hang out with.  I had known him since 1st grade and we'd always been friends but it was our Junior year that we became inseparable.  It wasn't until after his mission that I fell in love with him and he has been such a blessing in my life.  He is my rock.  He mellows me out.

So...looking back on life...would I do it all again?  He*$ ya!!  Would I change anything?  Not one single detail!  Not one.  I would still sluff seminary even though I shouldn't.  I would still work at Dairy Queen with all my friends because it's fun-even though it was a dumb job.  I would still make voodoo dolls with my friends-of boys and crazy Mr Fisher.  I would still be a lame dumb WJ Cheerleader even though I was never one of the cool girls.  I would still go to Jr Prom with Casey-what a fun memory!  I would still hang out with all the cool people AND all the dorks that I hung out with in high school.  I would still go to Snow College with all my friends even though there was a TiNy bit of drama over dumb things like hot dog fried rice that our room mate cooked for us for dinner or hairballs in the shower drain.  I would still be a nanny in Virginia.  I would hang out with my buddies at the singles ward and date everyone I dated again.  I would LOVE to go back to my wedding day-what a special part of my life.   I would still experience every crazy thing Casey & I have been thru since we got married 13 1/2 years ago-even moving to Eagle Mountain.  I have said out loud a couple of times "what were we thinking?" but what a blessing that was to us-great people, great experiences.   It'd be fun to move into all 3 of our homes again-fun!  I would love to relive my pregnancies and the birth of each one of my babies-INCREDIBLE experiences!!!  If it wasn't for epidurals I might not be saying I'd do it again but painfree is awesome.  Tubal pregnancy-very tough time for us-we grew & learned a ton.  It all worked out-it always does.   Funny how all of our experiences mold us into who we are.  We have the fun times to carry us thru and make us laugh-there's nothing like a good laugh, right?  The tough times mold us into who we are-and help our testimonies grow as we get to know our Father in Heaven better.  What a blessing it is to be led by the Spirit & to know that our Heavenly Father knows us and loves us and has a plan for us. I think I can honestly say I am SO grateful for every trial I have experienced and wouldn't trade them if I could.  They truly are precious to me.  So-ya-I'd love to do it all again!  I love my life-I love being 35 and having my awesome little family-but I'd be lying if I didn't say it'd be SO nice to be the size I was before these 4 kids!

What about you?  Would you do it all again???  Kinda fun to think about!

8 comments:

Christie said...

Ah, good times, my friend. Good times.

Funny you should mention the voo doo doll thing - JUST LAST WEEK my parents were digging up their backyard doing some work and they found a voo doo doll. I don't remember making that one - it must be yours! I'll bring it to you next week. You'll love it.

Brian & Erin said...

I was one of the cool kids you hung out with, right? I promise I wasn't to bad of a dork.

Brian

Joy & Casey said...

Umm...Brian....you were my Maid of Honor. YOU decide if you were one of the cool kids or one of the dorks!!! ;) And Christie-can't wait to see you!! And the voodoo doll. I think it was you & Britnee that buried them at your house though. I will take it to her for ya!

Stacy Holmes said...

I don't know if you were a dork in high school or not, but I know that in 1992 your status went sky high when you met me!
I remember doing voodoo Mr Potato heads at Snow..did you introduce me to that evil??
Ok, now that I think about it, I was quite the dork in 1992- so maybe we were all big dorks and were just so clueless we didn't recognize it!

ShaLae said...

I didn't know you worked at DQ - me too!

Joy & Casey said...

Stacy-Actually never did voodo Mr Potato Heads...actually sounds crazier than what we did! ;) And ShaLae-we should whip up some blizzards for Craig & Casey! That's funny! Too bad you didn't work there with me-would've been so much fun!

Angie said...

HELL NO!!

Joy & Casey said...

Angie-that made me laugh so dang hard!!! You are so funny!