Last Saturday was my birthday-I am 37FREAKINYEARSOLD!!! Crazy. Casey has been super busy with inventory at work-I was a little bummed he had to work all weekend and wouldn't be home for my birthday. My only request for the kids was to please just let me sleep until 10. My favorite thing ever is to sleep!
At 9:30 they brought me breakfast in bed-Rice Chex with bananas-I ate them and thanked them and told them they were the best kids ever...then asked if I could sleep for 20 more minutes. They were super disappointed...20 minutes later they were bugging me again.
The reason they were so excited is their super awesome dad had decorated the house before he left with special paper balloons he had cut out BY HAND. Each balloon had something they love about me. There are a ton of balloons-all over my house. I read each one atleast 5 times that morning and cried. So cool. Casey keeps asking me when I am going to take them down-they might be up forever! I love them! Nothing like positive affirmations to make you smile when you are the mom! ;) I still walk around the house and read them over & over again.
They say things like:
Very honest...unless you are hiding treats.
Strong Willed
Crazy macoroni.
I love how you can spread your toes.
You can talk to anyone-even if they don't speak English!
You strengthen us with your testimony.
You help us understand the scriptures.
You help us learn to read. You also read with us at night.
You make us feel like we can talk to you about anything. We don't have to hide everything because you understand.
You are the nicest mom that I ever had.
Thank you for helping us be the best we can be.
Freakin.
You help us with our homework.
That's funny!
"Yeah...no thanks!"
I love the way you serve.
Very open with your life.
Can't go a day without a diet coke from the gas station.
You work hard on the house even though we are all messy.
You like to buy us stuff.
You are the beauty and dad is the beast.
You make sure we have clothes to wear.
Let's us eat PB&J sandwiches when we don't like the dinner that is being served.
Got soup?
You teach us about Heavenly Father
You love people.
Makes breakfast and cold lunch
You help us at school
You help us with homework
Love you lots.
Just a sample of the things they said....so cool! I am just one lucky girl! This meant more to me than any "gift" I have ever received in my life. Being the mom is hard work-I guess this made me feel like I am making a difference. That the little things I do day in and day out really do matter. And that they notice. And they care. And they are simply amazing!
I also got spoiled from some pretty dang good friends. A couple of really good books-a darling sweater and necklace-a super cute bracelet-a gift certificate to San Gelato-and a polygamous date with our friends Brian & Erin-they took me to lunch at Texas Roadhouse! Good times. Forgot my camera-would have been a great pic! So grateful for the amazing people in my life-and if I have to be 37FREAKINGYEARSOLD to enjoy all that I get to enjoy then I guess I will quit complaining! Life only gets better the older I get.




5 comments:
Very sweet. Happy Birthday!
That is the best gift EVER! I love it!
You act like 37 is old...whazzup wit dat? You are a spring chicken..and I live in D..Nile :)
So glad you had a fantastic bday, and glad your maid of honor allowed you to be a polygamist with him ;)You have been blessed with awesome people in your life, I hope you never forget that.
Am I lucky or what??? It's taken Casey awhile-but man he's awesome and thoughtful now! haha He's amazing. Stacy-so glad I can chat with you on FB and our blogs and that I am up to date on your life but I wish we were still hanging out at the Manti Temple! ;) Thanks for being my friend still. I am so blessed.
Joy! I cried just reading through that list! You are such a wonderful and amazing person! What a thoughtful and special gift to you! Like anything could even top that?!? 38 should be pretty anticlimactic, right? I'm anxious to see what they'll do next for their very deserving mom!
Post a Comment