I have no idea where I was when the artsy fartsy creative genes were being handed out in heaven...I'm sure I was getting a diet coke in another line or something! Makes me sad and frustrated but mostly overwhelmed with all of my kids cutesy school projects. They're jipped in the cool creative mom department. I hope I make up for it in other areas
Today after I took my kids to school I decided to sort thru the never ending always reappearing paper pile by our computer. In it I saw Sawyer had a cute cut out blank guy with a note that said to please have him decorate this person over the weekend to represent his ancestors. And to please send it back Monday. DANGIT!! Today is Monday. And I already took Sawyer to school. And he doesn't have his guy-all decorated and ready to share with his class-and maybe he is sad. Once again he remembers he has a loser mom. My kids need a therapist-or even better a support group. I hope there are other kids somewhere that suffer from the same issues my kids do.
Today was super busy-I got everything accomplished and picked my kids up from school. I apologized to Sawyer and asked how things went. He shared the stories of what he learned from his friends. When I handed him his guy we talked about Sweden...and England...and Norway. I mentioned he could always make it into a Viking. His eyes lit up and he said, "I will get Shaylee to help me!" (Didn't even hurt my feelings he didn't ask me for help-he and I both know better!)
It was fun to watch her go to work and help him.....and his Viking is pretty darn cool. So grateful for these kids-that they all have something different to offer our family. Today I am SO GLAD I HAVE SHAY!!! The cardboard box messes get a little old but dang she knows how to pull of a great art project!!!




8 comments:
that is one freakin' awesome viking!! go shaylee!!
That Viking is awesome! Can I borrow Shay for our next crafty school project... rent a kid?
I love it! Your kids are so cute.
She's awesome, huh? Love that girl. Wendy-anytime! She loves these things and she loves your kids so call her anytime you want help!
We love that girl! She is AWESOME! Thanks Shay for always being such a great friend to MaKena.
Your kids will be in the waiting room next to mine at the therapist's office.
That's one cool viking.
Brian&Erin...Makena is such a blessing to her. We love your fam.
Mindy-maybe your kids will be the therapists? Please tell me you forget things sometimes.
You are an awesome mom! Don't kid yourself! I love all the posts! Sawyer's card is SOO Sweet. Honestly I think he's darling. And Shaylee and that viking- you've got to be kidding me! LOVE IT! I'm with Wendy on the rent-a-kid idea! I think your family is very impressive and I love their creative ways to show love. The balloons for you? Priceless. I need to show this post to my loved ones..Olsons rock!
Post a Comment