We had a fabulous Christmas!!! This is always my favorite picture-after all the hard work of finding just the perfect gift for each one of our kids it's fun to have a picture of the complete Christmas before it's all unwrapped...especially since I am not a huge fan of wrapping presents. ;) Please notice our white trashness....makes me laugh....see our "mantel"?? We had some awesome friends trade a fireplace for a deer mount (thanks ShaLae) but haven't had time to get it all hooked up and finished. I couldn't figure out where to hang our stockings-I thought I was hilarious to put them on the fireplace. We've never had a fireplace-someday it will work-until then might as well use what we've got, right?
Santa only brings 1 gift to our house. I hate the things come easy image Santa brings-and I sorta want credit for what I buy! ;) Since almost all of our gifts are under the tree and we want our kids to leave gifts alone we never put their names on their gifts. Last year we labeled each gift with a candy bar name that was code for their name....on Christmas morning whichever candy bar they opened told them which gifts were theirs. Make sense? So this year we did soda pop. We didn't wrap the 2 litre bottles-Casey had them each grab a 2 liter bottle and had an evil plan of saying "2 of you have the right 1...2 of you don't. Switch. K-1 of you has the right 1, 3 of you don't. Switch. K-none of you have the right 1. Switch." He loves to tease. Funniest thing ever-every kid grabbed a 2 litre bottle and they were all holding the one that was their "code"....Casey was super disappointed and I got a really good laugh! I love the fun traditions and memories of Christmas!!! So grateful for these awesome kids that make it so darn fun.




2 comments:
that idea was GREAT!! "SWITCH"... I love it. This totally reminded me of what my parents did growing up. We never knew whos gifts were whos.
whos is a really weird word. Did I spell it right? who's= who is... so whos I guess is right?! whoa.
anyway, looks like you had a fabulous christmas. love you guys.
Now you have me all confused! Who decided how to spell things in English anyway???
Post a Comment