Tuesday, December 21, 2010

What "off track" looks like at our house.....

My kids are creative. Not sure where that came from-must have been Casey. I am the furthest thing from creative. Shaylee loves nothing more than a fun project with the little kids-building huts, making some random craft, anything to have a little fun. I am trying really hard to relax and enjoy the little moments-when these projects are going on things get quite messy. I naturally see the mess but am trying so hard to see the beauty.

A few days ago she took Sawyer & Jaycee in her room with a pile of paper plates, a roll of paper towels, glue, yarn, markers & construction paper. A few hours later we have this under our little Christmas trees upstairs:

They are baby Jesus! They look like a taco but they aren't! He (times 3!) is even in a manger complete with straw.

SO...yesterday was the best. Our living room became an airplane. So funny. The steering wheel really turns (not really sure an airplane has a steering wheel but nobody tell my kids!) and they have an "earpiece" to communicate with the tower.
These are the seats to the airplane-complete with a few passengers. Sawyer is the pilot-Shaylee, Jaycee & my cute nephew Easton are the passengers.
They were super disappointed when I wouldn't serve them lunch on the airplane-it was ramen-not gonna happen! I did laugh and actually left the living room an airplane until today. Good times.

5 comments:

Christina B. said...

I love the manger and the three babies! They are priceless!
Your kids have great imaginations.

Brian & Erin said...

Easton loved flying to North America from your house!!! You are a fantastic mom!

Joy & Casey said...

Christina-aren't they awesome? I should have Shay make you a baby Jesus and send it to you! ;) They really are awesome kids. Erin-North America? LUCKY! What a fun destination! You of all people know what a crazy mom I am but thanks for the compliment! I really thought I was going to be a fantastic mom....it's harder than I thought...I fall short in so many areas! Grateful for your example-you are who I want to be when I grow up!!! ;)

Unknown said...

All I can say is that I am impressed, truly impressed. When my kids are at home, my house looks like a tornado hit it!! You are such a cute Mom!
Check my blog to see this cute Video I found on a friends blog about Christmas.
http://fitzwaterfamily.blogspot.com/2010/12/simple-and-perfect.html

Joy & Casey said...

Michelle...
HELLO! How the heck are you??? Ummm...my house always looks like a tornado...not just when the kids are off track. Don't stop by. Ever. Unless you want a service project and are a super good cleaner! ;) I need some organization skills at this point in the game! LOL I will come to your blog....