Monday, January 11, 2010

Is hell REALLY that bad of a word???

I have to admit...Oh My Hell is probably my favorite thing to say. Maybe I am rebellious or something but it always makes me giggle. Can't believe I am admitting this....I've had moments when I've tried to not say it but I will probably still be saying it when I am 100. Maybe even on "the other side"....it's who I am and I think it's funny. Not sure why-can't remember when it started-not a great quality, I am sure. Joy=Coke Store and Hell...do you think this means something??

SO lastnight we were hanging out in the kitchen and Shaylee was tattling on Sawyer. Apparently on Saturday when her cute friend MaKenna was here playing (You might not want to read this Brian & Erin...sorry...you're taking your chances letting your kids play at my house! LOL) MaKenna asked Sawyer if he had ever played some game on the computer-his response was "What the hell is that?" I instantly started to laugh and couldn't stop-Sawyer put his head down and said, "It was on accident!"-and thank heavens Casey, the mature adult/dad was able to handle this...here is what he had to say:

"I wonder where you heard something like that!? Did you hear that from mom? I can just hear mom saying that all day long!"

It only made me laugh harder-Casey was laughing-I guess the teaching moment passed because our kids saw us laughing instead of taking the situation serious....Poor kids that were sent to this house to be taught and helped thru this life! Hopefully they will find examples of the right things to say in other people that are placed in their path! ;)

6 comments:

Brian & Erin said...

Dont worry we aren't upset about that. It could be worse. When Madi was about two, she said "Damn drivers" or something like it, while sitting in traffic. Guess where she got that from. Sawyer could be listening to Casey instead of you. Then it could be a little more colorful. :)

Brian

ShaLae said...

Oh my HELL, of course its not a bad word - I mean it is a place after all!

Christie said...

You TOTALLY used to say that in high school. I think I learned that phrase from you, and it's one of my favorites that I've forgotten about. And will be resurrecting, thankyouverymuch.

My kids are total prudes. They freak out if I say damn or hell. Drives me nuts.

Rob and Tracee said...

Hilarious! At least that's all they say. Mine have said much worse in the dead of the sacrament no less. Funny!

Brian & Erin said...

Makena had already told me of course our of pure shock and horror because our children have never heard that kind of language used before!

Joy & Casey said...

Sorry I said "Damn drivers" in front of Madi, Bri....I will try to watch my language when I'm around that cutie! LOL Good point about Casey-he looks harmless....ShaLae-EXACTLY! I knew I could count on you to justify this. Christie-are you sure I didn't learn that from you???? My kids are the same way. Tracee-we'll have to sit by you guys more often! Erin-Brian already ratted you out. I would have felt bad & belived you if it wasn't for your hubby! ;)