I honestly think New Years Eve is my favorite holiday-good food, good friends, good laughs AND new beginnings-I love the opportunity to reflect on the year I've had and think of the year to come!! We hung out with our good friends Brian & Erin & their way fun friends Lance & Amy and had so much fun. The kids all got along great and Casey & I got our butts kicked at every game we played! Dang it! We played a game that told you how compatible you are-Casey & I get along great & have an awesome marriage but we are as opposite as you can get in every single way-so funny we TOTALLY lost that game-good times!
"The past is to be learned from but not lived in. We look back to claim the embers from glowing experiences but not the ashes. And when we have learned what we need to learn and have brought with us the best that we have experienced, then we look ahead and remember that faith is always pointed toward the future. Faith always has to do with blessings and truths and events that will yet be efficacious in our lives."
Such an incredible quote from an incredible man!!! I love my life-I love who I have become and who I CAN become. I am grateful for every opportunity and person from my past-blessings I really do feel gratitude for. However it's mind boggling to think of what lies ahead...opportunities and people and experiences that will mold me into who I am supposed to be. We live in such uncertain times-it's reassuring to know that our Heavenly Father is still in charge and that we truly are prepared for what lies ahead...we are strong enough. That is faith......such a powerful tool & blessing!




4 comments:
Ben would totally agree with you about New Years Eve being one of his favorites :) It is all about the food, friends & games :)
Joy, that article is awesome...it was taken from an address that Elder Holland gave at BYU in Jan 2009. The article paraphrases his comments that he made at BYU...if you want to see the talk in it's entirety, go to:
http://www.byub.org/talks/Talk.aspx?id=3403
It's called "Remember Lot's Wife". You can watch a video of the talk there. It's one of the best talks that I have ever heard, from one of my favorite apostles! You guys should check it out!
James
Stacey-it truly is the best!!! ;) James-thanks for sharing-I'm going to have to find that for sure-love Elder Holland and loved that message!! We are so blessed to have the amazing leaders that we do! PS So glad you guys are in our ward!
I loved that article as well. You do such a great job sharing your feelings on your blog. I love it!
Post a Comment