Thursday, February 26, 2009
Way to go Shay!!!!!
Cute Shaylee came home from school the other day with a certificate-she hadn't taken the time to read what it says-she just handed it to me with her huge stack of papers she brings home every single day (Can I say this makes me CRAZY??? I hate the do I keep it or throw it away?-I just shove it in the basket in my cupboard and hope to decide later. Lame.) Anyways, it was for Outstading Performance on the Iowa Tests back in the fall. Apparently she scored in the top 10% nationally in Math!!! Yahoo!!! I was just seriously feeling so guilty because I have been SO SUPER BUSY and felt like I needed to be spending more time with her with her school work. You know-spelling words, flash cards, I used to be really on top of this and now I am not. Shaylee needs that extra "push" with school work~she's our social spazzy kid that keeps us all smiling and always lets us know she loves us. School work has never been easy for her. I am proud of her for scoring so well AND grateful for the reminder that certificate was to me that maybe as a mom I am doing ok. Even if I'm not they will survive, right???
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




3 comments:
I'm sure you are a GREAT mom! And apparently you have a smart daughter too. :) Congrats!
Good Job Shay and good job Joy. I am so glad I'm not the only one that goes through that daily "throw away/keep" dilemma. I hate it.
Fabulous!!! Way to go Shay! Joy you are a great mom! I have a feeling Shaylee will be suprising us all for many many years. Sometimes you think your kiddos are just not paying attention to life and then, Bam! Top 10% That's so great!
Post a Comment