Friday, February 27, 2009

Seriously???????

This is to prove that we REALLY DO have pencils to use...we even have a pencil sharpener! :)
I was sweeping my kitchen today and trying to get the house all caught up for the weekend while my kids were at school. I swept up this little beauty and started to laugh...all by myself...not unusual! I started to wonder who this pencil belonged to and why it was still around~I'm pretty sure it's served it's purpose and now it's time to move onto a new pencil. Then I looked at it again-how in the world did someone even sharpen it to this point???? That would take determination! After school Shaylee claimed the pencil...her explanation..."It's fun to write with!" I guess we need to get out more, you know, find some REAL entertainment! haha Sometimes I think my kids are weird. I wish I could say it was not because they are like me...I really do think they are hilarious! :)




2 comments:

The Olson Gang said...

Your kids always ALWAYS make me smile!!! You always have so much fun too!!! I want to be like you when I grow up!!! Thank you for ALWAYS reminding me to ENJOY THE JOURNEY!! You are such an inspiration to me! You make me smile - because you enjoy the little things! That is what life is all about right!?!? Thanks Joy - for being you!!!
JUST LOVE YA!

Princess Academy said...

When I taught I was anti-providing all materials for kids BECAUSE kids waist I had to have a chat with why we shouldn't sharpen a brand new pencil to this tiny point because it was a waist and my class was bummed because it had become the cool thing to do