Friday, February 13, 2009

Valentines Dinner

Cute Kendyl with the menu-pretty fun to try to figure out what you're going to get. I'm such a picky eater it gave me a tiny bit of anxiety-Casey said I should ask if I could make special requests like I always do when we go out to eat.
This is true love-me eating with the utensil Casey ordered...it's a good thing we didn't know until the end or he so would have traded me! :)

Our waitresses...they even had cute aprons to make it "official". What great leaders they have!


Casey and I with our cute Alyssa...she's growing up too darn fast!

For Activity Days Alyssa's cute leaders helped them prepare and serve their parents dinner for Valentines. SO super fun! We had to order from a mixed up menu-our food, utensils, and napkin. I ended up with a garbage bag for a napkin and had to eat with a spatula. I would probably lose a few pounds if I ate with a spatula every day...that's pretty tricky! :) It was a way fun night and Alyssa has been so excited about it. The funny part is at the end of the night we figured out that Casey is REALLY the one that ordered the spatula! Dang it! I had ordered the same utensils as lots of people and Casey's the ONLY person who marked he wanted "sunny side up" for his utensil. Pretty lucky for him~he got to eat with a normal fork. It's a night we'll always remember! Thanks Alyssa (and Tonya!)


5 comments:

larissa said...

Wow! You are quick to blog. We had a great time too, partly because we got to laugh at you eating with a spatula. :)

Shaun and Tonya said...

Yea! I'm glad you enjoyed it --it was the girlies idea. You were a great sport and kept us all laughing with your spatula eating talents!

the Brakey's said...

Way fun! I want to get the menu from you if you've still got it!

stacey said...

How fun, and trust Tonya to pull something like this off! What a great idea, I might have to borrow it for next year :)

brandie said...

Super fun idea! Alyssa is so cute! (Can I say cute these days about her?)