Thursday, May 5, 2011

One Thousand Dollars

Jaycee & I took the kids to school yesterday. I love one on one time with my kids and as Jaycee's kindergarten year is coming to a close I am treasuring my time with her in the mornings more than ever. She is awesome! On the radio the dj announced a contest to win $1000. Jaycee said, "Mom, what would you do if you won $1000?" (Please remember that even though $1000 is a lot of money, to Jaycee it's like they just said 1 million dollars) While I was still thinking about my answer she added, "And DON"T SAY THE STORAGE ROOM!!!" I laughed really hard then but it has made me think. I really do focus on our food storage-I love it. I know it is what we are supposed to do and I want to be as prepared as we can in every way for any situation that may be waiting for us. I can't imagine experiencing a job loss or earthquake or whatever may come & not being able to feed my kids. Jaycee then made sure I knew that if SHE was the one that won $1000 she would take our family to Disneyland. Once again-$1000 won't buy Disneyland for a family of 6 but I think I'm ready to save for a little Disneyland trip again. Balance, right?

1 comment:

Kristen and Co. said...

Right! We're doing the same thing. Scrimping and saving as a family to try to make it to Disneyland this year. We only have them in our home for so long...
Happy Mother's Day, BTW!