Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Costco

SO yesterday I had to go to Costco. I needed dishwasher soap. The only thing I ever use is the Electrasol Tabs-super convenient and they work great. I thought I had another tub of them in my food storage-I always do-somehow I didn't. The only thing I had was liquid dishwasher soap and it seems to be working just fine. Sadly the only coupon I had was for liquid Cascade so I decided to buy that....always up for a new adventure.

I picked up the Cascade and then noticed there was a Kirkland brand. Cascade was $8.99 for 1 bottle but I had a coupon for $2 so that would make the bottle $6.99. HOWEVER the Kirkland dishwasher soap had 2 bottles the exact same size as the Cascade for 9.67ish. Killer deal. Does it work good? Not sure. But it would be nice to have 2 bottles-1 for upstairs and 1 for food storage. Decisions, decisions. Casey always gets mad when I buy cheap stuff-but is Kirkland cheap? It was stressing me out.

I picked up the Cascade. Then put it back and grabbed the Kirkland. Then put it back and grabbed the Cascade. I was driving myself NUTS.

I didn't notice the man in the driveable shopping cart that was trying to drive between me and the dishwasher soap. The bald old man that looked harmless. He all of a sudden gave me a very crusty look and just stared at me. I didn't know what to say so I said, "Are you ok?" His grumpy response as he is STILL STARING AT ME was, "YES! Are You?" The only thing that came to mind was kill him with kindness so I put on the biggest fake smile I could muster and in a super sugary voice said, "I am great! Thanks!" He mumbled "I highly doubt that" and drove past me. He barely missed my toe. I honestly wanted to crash into him with my cart or dump him off his snazzy driveable shopping cart. Jerk.

But I didn't. I did laugh and make fun of him with a few customers who observed the whole thing. I felt like I was in high school. I had to make it crystal clear that he was the jerk-that it was totally normal to be indecisive when you are making a huge purchase like I was-which dishwasher soap to buy was life and death.

If you are heading to Costco-watch out for my friend. Tell him hello. Give him a hug. I wish I could go back and offer to buy him a hot dog and a smoothie for his stress. I hope I never treat someone like that! Life is just too short. I'm sure he was sort of justified. Stay away from me when I shop~I might make you grumpy!

6 comments:

Brian & Erin said...

Joy you make me laugh:)........

The Olson Gang said...

OH MY GOSH!!!! You just make me smile... ok.... laugh.... HYSTERICAL laughter! (Just think how many people are wondering what "I" am doing at my computer laughing HYSTERICALLY!....does it matter that there is only my hubby home??? Well - if anything he is "WONDERING" what I am doing.... hee hee hee!!)... the other part... I can just hear you saying that - and I can just "FEEL" that man getting more angry because you are being so SUGARY SWEET about it! I LOVE IT!!!! You are so right! Life is just too short to be so STRESSED... especially when driving around in luxury at Costco!

Oh... I just wish I could follow you around all day! I would be the happiest person around! Thanks for making my day!

stacey said...

So what soap did you choose? For the record I ALWAYS by Kirkland, and can't tell a different. I think it works just as well :) I am all for off brands, if you look at the back they usually have all the same ingredients, just a different name. Thanks for the laugh :) I miss talking with you, we really need to catch up!

Joy & Casey said...

Erin....let's go to Costco together! Getting our membership was hilarious! Shontell-If you followed me around all day you would either laugh or be super stressed-you'd be taking your chances! I'm a little high strung as you know! ;) Stacey-thanks for asking! I chose the Kirkland...and talked 2 other women into the Kirkland. Buying it just for me wasn't enough. I think Costco owes me a commission! ;) I miss you, too! Why do we always stop walking so soon? The treadmill isn't fun-especially without friends to chat with!

Ali said...

I love you- and your blog- you keep it real! I will for sure watch out for that old man. He obviously has no idea how hard it is to be a smart consumer...I love that you tried to kill him with kindness instead of punching him in the face like another Costco interaction I once heard of.....

Joy & Casey said...

Ali...if people only knew what we endure!!!! :) Thanks for the laugh-forgot about that!