Ahhh...the baby of your family is always such a life changing experience. I remember the day Jaycee was born-it was the last time I would ever meet my new baby and spend precious moments in the hospital staring at my new miracle. She has represented lots of lasts in life. There was NOTHING sad about the last time I bought a package of diapers or the last time we went for kindergarten shots. I wish the last time I sent a child to kindergarten was like buying that last package of diapers! ;)
I knew this day was coming and knew it would be bittersweet. I know Jaycee will thrive in kindergarten. I know it's going to be so good for her. Her kindergarten teacher told me when she took her baby to the 1st day of kindergarten she sobbed in her car for a few minutes and realized she could go to the mall by herself. I know that a-ha moment will hit me also. Right now it's just weird and lonely-I miss my buddy! The school provided cookies & kleenex and I was super grateful for them! The only other thing I needed was a diet coke! haha I have to admit I cry on the first day of school for each of my kids. I'll probably do the same thing when they go to college. I think they are awesome and it makes me emotional to see them start a new grade and realize they are growing up. It's all happening so fast!
As for Jaycee-she's super ticked right now that she can't have Mrs Karren. She loves her. But I know she has an amazing teacher and will change her tune with time. She's got spunk and loves to learn and is surrounded by so many fun friends from our neighborhood! It's going to be a great year.....
The other kids 1st day of school pics? Didn't happen. Alyssa left for Oakcrest on their 1st day of school and had our camera. Dangit. They are loving school & have amazing teachers, also. Here we go!




1 comment:
Wow, school. I'm glad we still have 3 more weeks of summer. Oh, and the emotional thing. I totally hear ya on that. I am keeping Katya home one more year and then I have 4 years until the baby goes to school. I have lots of years for kids to "keep me company at the store."
Post a Comment