Friday, May 14, 2010

Sawyer's Field Trip

The big field trip for Kindergarten is the zoo. They look forward to it all year long. Sawyer really has talked about it since the beginning of the year. The field trip was Tuesday and it rained THE WHOLE TIME WE WERE THERE. Not kidding. So cold. So wet. Every animal that you could see inside a building stunk worse than ever-the giraffes, the monkeys, the reptile house. YUCK! However-my cute son who loves animals was in heaven. Funny how seeing life thru your child's eyes can help your attitude. It was truly a fun day!

I planned on meeting Sawyer at the zoo and bringing Jaycee. Jaycee did not want to go because it was too far-can you say high maintenance? The kid cracks me up. And Sawyer was super nervous about riding a school bus on the freeway without a seatbelt. I became aware of this Monday night so my awesome friend kept Jaycee & I rode the bus with Sawyer-problem solved! So lucky it all worked out-it was great to be with him on his very first ride on a school bus!
Squishing under the pavilion to dry off a little and eat lunch.
Ethan, Luke, Sawyer & Caleb with the elephants. Silly boys! (I really did try to convince Sawyer to wear his warm coat-he insisted on his jacket and never complained that he was wetter than he needed to be! Just defending myself as the mom! ;) )

No comments: