I love caramel. Not a chocolate lover-but caramel seriously makes me happy. Lastnight I learned something that changed my life....get ready for it to change yours. Did you know that if you take a simple can of sweetened condensed milk-remove the label-and boil it in the can for 3 hours it turns to caramel? Well, it does. And it's yummy. And you should try it. SO good on ice cream-it's good all by itself, too. Amazing, I know. The hardest part is making sure the water covers the can while it boils-I had to add water to the pan a few times. I'm glad I put 2 cans in there because our awesome friend's Brian & Erin stopped by and they were in awe. They loved it. Brian wants to go to work and share the recipe with all the guys. He's just like that. ;)
FYI-this is after we all devoured it-not much left-but proof that it works!




7 comments:
BRIAN-You know you thought this was awesome. And yummy. And you will be making it while Erin is gone this weekend.
Joy- I can see why Brian was your maid-of-honor!
Dang it, Joy! Just another ploy to make it easier for me to turn into a fat diabetic! Good info. Just dangerous! Kinda like the super easy, devilishly delicious cheesecake recipe I found that uses powdered milk. Humph!
Joy you make me laugh! I have a great caramel popcorn recipe that has sweet & condensed milk in it if you would like it :)
Joy
For your information I did not make it and still wonder why you would bother taking 3 hours to make something that you could do a little different in a few minutes. But I can see how you get excited about the chemical reaction. You should do this for then next science project. Stacy - this has nothing to do with being a "MAN" of honor.
I'm with you--LOOOOVE anything with caramel. I'll have to try this! Or tell me when you make it again and Jeremy and I will have to "happen to drop by" too!
is that what we had last night?? WAY GOOD!!!
Post a Comment