Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Lunch for my almost 5 year old

After we dropped Sawyer off at kindergarten today I took a call on my cell phone. I of course continued to talk to my friend on my cell phone when we got home. Jaycee brought me a can of peaches-I opened them without even thinking about it. I heard her scuffling around the kitchen and then heard the microwave beep that something was done. She put some chow mein noodles on her plate-then cheese-then peaches and zapped them in the microwave for a few, or maybe more than a few, who knows...I certainly wasn't paying attention! ;) I am pretty sure she was shooting for a Hawaiian Haystack-you know-chow mein noodles, rice, chicken, cheese, sauce, PINEAPPLE (not peaches) a little coconut...we love those for dinner around here. She swears her own version was super yummy, not sure I will ever know. Seriously so funny to me she didn't make a PB&J or even a bowl of cereal. Maybe someday she'll be a chef! Anyone for peaches with cheese and the crunchy goodness of chow mein noodles? Come on...be brave! LOL

3 comments:

stacey said...

That is so funny! She is such a cute little kid and acts so much older then she really is. A chef would be such a cool job just think she could make this yummy meal and strawberry milk. I am sure it would catch on FAST :)

Joy & Casey said...

I forgot about the strawberry milk episode with the Jensen girls...pretty sure that's what you are talking about. THAT was one of those days you wish more than anything that you were NOT the mom!!!! LOL She is a funny kid! She sure loves your Alyssa!

the Brakey's said...

Too funny! Hawaiian Haystacks are a staple at our house, but you're right, we use pineapple over peaches!