Today when Shay got home from school she marched Sawyer & Jaycee to their room and helped them again. I thought it looked pretty good but apparently it wasn't up to Shay's standards. She informed ME they need to keep their room spotless-that I need to continue helping them make their beds every day- and that when she gets home from school she will check their room. If it is clean they will get a prize and that she will give them points for a bigger prize.
Totally cracks me up. The funny thing is when it came time for Jaycee to be potty trained I had nothing to do with it. She's my 4th kid-I had decided when she was ready she'd let me know. I didn't want to deal with accidents this time and as long as she wasn't 4 and still in diapers she would be fine. Alyssa & Shaylee however made a plan-they made her a sticker chart and got the job done. I was VERY structured with Alyssa & Shaylee when they were little-now I am spread thin and maybe a little checked out with these things. Makes me laugh my older kids are trying to be the mom now. I am not neglectful or anything but the little details sometimes go unnoticed-funny they must remember and think things need to be the same for the little kids as it was for them. I am so grateful for them! They are awesome big sisters and a huge help to me! Maybe I need to "check back in" and be a little more attentive to the little things. How do you snap out of survival mode and back into living life? This is the reason I love the saying "Finding Joy In The Journey"...it's an every day effort I am trying to make! They are growing so fast and I am so lucky to be their mom!!!




3 comments:
Joy- You are the reason there is Joy IN the journey! Without you, your girls wouldn't know why a clean room is important..I heard at church yesterday that we teach our kids to obey us so they will understand what it means to obey God..so, you are doing better than you think!
BTW- checking out is only a winter thing..come warm weather I have a feeling you will be "fun MOM" again..it's those nasty March Blues!
You trained them --way to go! I actually had sav help with Sadie --she got a prize each time sadie did w/ potty training -she was quite the cheer leader!
That sounds just like Shay! She is such a good helper! I'm glad she's not here to check up on my cleaning! I wouldn't pass!
Post a Comment