Monday, March 30, 2009

Ripped Off!!!

Stupid fake ticket...the guy had some skills, don't ya think?  Either that or I am an idiot!
My mom & Shay
Kelsey & Alyssa...they sorta LOVE David Archuleta

After our awesome experience with David Archuleta I decided to take the girls to the concert.  I tried a few different "avenues" for tickets and finally decided to buy some from a guy on KSL.  We met at 7:20-I bought the tickets and we got to the show just in time-it started at 7:30.  OUR TICKETS WERE FAKE!!!!  There were atleast 50 other people in our exact same situation...we all bought from the same exact guy!  Some were young moms with crying kids who I am sure had no other choice but to take them home-I am sure they couldn't afford to buy another set of tickets when they just stretched to buy the first set.  Made me sad I couldn't just buy another set of tickets for everyone there!  The weird thing was I called the e center at 5:00 and the only seats they had were suites-suddenly now they had 4 really good seats I could buy.  Miraculous AND annoying but whatever.  We bought the 4 seats and had to do some talking to get the 5 of us in but it worked-thank heavens for the awesome police officers that were on the case of the fake tickets!  :)  The show was great~we saw him with the American Idol tour but he's improved so much with performing.  We love his cd so it was fun to hear him sing his songs.  Fun night!!!  I love doing things like this with my kids--and my mom was along for the ride too.  In all honesty I would have bought 3 tickets for each of us to see the show....totally worth it!  :)

I have spent 35 years of my life talking my way into tons of things in life~I love the challenge~I'd be a great salesman.  Have I learned my lesson???? Probably not.  Dang it!   Hopefully next time I buy a ticket from someone other than Ticketmaster it will be a real ticket! :)

7 comments:

Christie said...

Holy cow! I can't believe that. I have bought tons of broadway show tickets that way. I didn't even think someone COULD fake a ticket like that. Glad you got in anyway. Yikes.

Joy & Casey said...

Christie...I've bought from a ticket broker before-for Faith Hill & Tim McGraw the day of the show-great seats and I paid face value for the tickets....sort of an adventure when it backfires, though! Ticket brokers are probably a safer bet than just people! The police said he made it on photoshop-not sure how you do that! We could make great money-wanna go into business with me??? JUST KIDDING! I can do a lot of things but I can't even begin to imagine ripping people off. Hope you don't ever share my experience-now I am laughing-wasn't laughing about it Friday til I found out I could buy more tickets for my kids! :)

the Brakey's said...

You go girl!!! That's awesome you got in. I'd be more than a little angry!

Stacy Holmes said...

The tickets were $32 each!! And you bought 6 by the end of the night???
YIKES!
You must love David..or your girls cuz this mamma bear would have been soo mad and probably would have ended up in jail, then I would have had to pay bail, then be really embarrassed..good thing you just forked out the money!

Christina B. said...

It really stinks that someone would do that to anyone! Sorry that it happened to you... You are a super cool mom for taking your kids and even buying a second set of tickets after that happened. I'm glad you enjoyed the concert after all!

Joy & Casey said...

Actually Stacy-they were $40 each-dang it! I am surprised I didn't get more mad~I'm not super easy going but it worked out. If you ever get thrown in jail I'll bail you out-especially if it's for someone cool like David Archuletta! :) Christina-thanks for saying I am a cool mom-will you call and tell my kids that because they think I am a dork??? And tell them it's ok to clean their rooms too. I'll come up with a list for ya! :)

Shaun and Tonya said...

how sad I would be dang mad too, Our friends bought $1500 tickets for Country Music awards and they were fake as well --Just thought I would share to try to ease the pain a little I hope they catch him!