Friday, March 6, 2009

Instacare....

Jaycee has had a little bit of a cough all week.  It hasn't been a really big deal-no fever and she's in a great mood.  Wednesday night she had a couple of horrible episodes of coughing in the middle of the night-she coughed so hard she threw up a couple of times.  While I was up with her I decided I would call her pediatrician first thing in the morning and take her in.  When she woke up she was fine-not coughing, totally happy, wanted to go to preschool.  So I took her.  My day was so busy that I felt relieved to not have to go to the doctor!
She fell asleep on the couch and while she was taking her nap totally had another bad episode of coughing.  Weird!?  I took Shaylee to Parent/Teacher Conference, Alyssa to dance, got home at 7:30-made french toast for dinner (I know-mother/wife of the year award should be coming anytime for that dinner!) and then decided to take Jaycee to Instacare.  After waiting for 2 hours the dr diagnosed her with Walking Pneumonia-made me feel totally bad!  We got our prescription and headed to Walgreens in West Jordan  because that's the closest pharmacy that was open that late.  I dropped off the prescription-they said it would be 30 minutes-so Jaycee and I got some french fries from McD's and visited while we waited.  I went back at 11:15 to pick it up and the pharmacist couldn't find it.  ARE YOU KIDDING ME????  Long story short-after about 20 minutes he & I figured out I had the wrong prescription-I didn't check to make sure Jaycee's name was actually on it-I had a little girl named Cicely's prescription.  Cicely had been prescribed the exact same meds as us is all I can think of!  Instacare was now closed.  I called my poor pediatrician who was on call and he called in a new prescription for us.  He probably doesn't want to see us again for awhile...nothing like being woke up for such a silly thing!  We got home with our Augmentin at 12:45.  Eventful?  Yep!  Moral of the story...if you are crazy enough to go to Instacare make sure you check to see if your name is actually on your prescription!!!!  4 hours of craziness-now I can laugh-I hope Cicely's mom is laughing too.  

5 comments:

The Olson Gang said...

OH MY GOODNESS!!! That is CRAZY!!! I have learned my lesson as well - only problem.... I had to know WHAT I was picking up - the pharmacy gave me a prescription for TODD OLSON - only it wasn't MY Todd Olson! And in my Todd's case - it could have very well been a life/death matter - it TRULY would have conflicted with his heart meds... SCARY!!! Let's hope Cicely's med were the same....I'm glad you got it all straightened out... I hope that she is feeling better VERY soon!!! Hope mom is doing good too!!!

We need to get together!

Christie said...

What a nightmare! I guarantee you, Cicely's mom is probably not laughing either.

Hope your baby gets feeling better soon!

Oh, and french toast is totally an acceptable dinner. Hello? Eggs = protein. Bring it on, sista.

stacey said...

what a mess, I am glad you are laughing I think I would still be mad. I am so sorry about Jaycee I hope she feels better soon. If you need anything call :)

Heather said...

First of all...I love your stories! You should be a writer. You make me laugh!

Poor Jaycee! How is Sawyer feeling? I guess if it's not one...it's another!

Heather said...

PS - you need a new poll. The tater tot one is way over!!